Well it happened this week. I had the first encounter with an older judgemental woman(when it came to what I should do now that I'm pregnant), my Mom's friend, who I believe is Mormon too. We three went to lunch but before that my Mom said she wanted to see our house, ok fine, I guess that meant I had to clean. I keep our house clean anyhow and clutter free which is very important. I have realized that when I am in a place with too much stuff everywhere it stresses me out. But back to this woman, she stepped in the front door and said "wow this place is a palace, compared to (this other couple's kids place down the street) who's house is a dump." Whoa, I thought, ok, that is a pretty bold statement considering I haven't seen you in years. So we do the walk through and she said little things like, oh you should put this here or do that there, and then we got to Jonas's office/the cats room and she said "you're gonna keep your cats once the baby is born?" I thought what?? My immediate response was of course, they are my babies too. And she just gave me this look of disapproval. WHAT? Who gives up their pets when they have a baby?? I have never heard of this??? I have plenty of friends with babies and pets, dogs and cats, and the cats are fine with the new baby if not protective and observant. Our two cats are the sweetest most loving cats I could ever imagine owning. Look at these babies, mama loves to follow me around and talk to me and play with the string toy, and Tiger's favorite spot is on my belly!
Anyhow, at lunch I ordered a coke becuase my stomach was upset, AND the night before I had a dream about Coke and RC Cola, and I just had to had one! Once it arrived she just blurted out "you know that has caffeine in it". I was like yes I know, but it has much less than coffee, which I don't drink anymore. It also has much less than tea! I told her I was not addicted to caffeine before I got pregnant and I am not addicted to it now, and if I want a coke once and a while I don't feel that it will harm the fetus. I also progressed to tell her that I am not your typical "california hippy nature all natural pregnant woman" and if I want a glass of wine once and a while(once my stomach gets back to normal) I plan to have one. I spoke with my doctor about it and she said there are a whole spectrum of doctors out there, some will have you live in a cave and file down the corners of all your furniture and some say be smart and certain things in moderation won't be life threatening. That shut her up!
No comments:
Post a Comment