Sunday, July 24, 2011

Does it ever end....

So I'm sure you all remember all the drama we had with our sewer line that went from our rental unit to the city line back in November and December. The back bathroom in our house also hooks to this line, which is a good thing because NOW our other line that connects our kitchen, laundry and front bathroom to the main line has been backing up. It happens when we do laundry, when the washing machine drains our tub and shower fill up with dirty water, and now our toilet is bubbling like the water is boiling!? So Jonas spent the entire day yesterday in the crawl space with his new pipe cutting saw replacing the old cast iron lines with PVC pipes. They are heavy and old, but actually in pretty good condition.
He replaced 2 long sections like this picture hoping this would allow the line to drain normally because the new PVC didn't have coat of corrosion in it. But when he snaked it he got roots out! So we think that this out of control tree growing in our front yard is to blame. I bought root killer you flush down the toilet which will hopefully get rid of the problem. However, today our test was to do another load of laundry and  while the water didn't come up through the bathtub, the toilet almost overflowed and was bubbling again. The problem is we can't get the root killer in the line if the toilet isn't flushing! So it looks like we have to rent an industrial strength snake and Jonas will have to get down there and clean the line as much as possible so we can get the root killer in there. Just as all our credit cards are at $0, when we can put extra money to our mortgage and save for the baby, we get these issues. Sometimes I really wonder if owning a home is worth it. But...it is because these days when you get barely 1% return on your money in savings and inflation is 3%, property is the only thing that appreciates with inflation....

On another note I had to take myself to the ER on Friday morning because I had SERIOUS pain in my stomach all night Thursday, I couldn't sleep and it just hurt so bad standing, sitting, laying down. They did an ultrasound on my stomach and gall bladder and there were no stones but my stomach lining was enflamed. I took another urine test and 4 more vials of blood and thankfully, no liver failure or problems at all. So, the ER doctor said a side effect of pregnancy is gastritis because the bile in the stomach can back up or something. Long story short I am on pepcid and double strength maalox til the symptoms go away. Today I feel normal but I need to avoid dairy products, mint, tomoto sauce/paste and caffeine. The only problem here is dairy, I love milk! I've been drinking big glasses of it and I wonder if that is why this happened. I have been having this pain on and off for a while I just thought it was indigestion because it would go away within an hour, but not this time. Anyhow, I just have to drink a lot of water to keep my system flushed and hydrated and I'm sticking to bland foods for a while lucky me....

No comments:

Post a Comment