Elsa is 7 weeks and one day old. She is growing like a weed, and I think she might even be closer to 12lbs now! We have been going through interesting transitions daily. Sunday afternoon Jonas had her for all of 6 hours, from 11-5pm while I was in the city visiting with my friend Amy and Ulrika, and he was just worn out when I got home! It was funny because he said she just had to be held the whole time, was she screaming too? I don't think she was, but Monday, from 8am to 8pm she was screaming, I would love for Jonas to have to deal with that for 12 hours! I think she was just having an off day or was super tired because she was up most of that time minus a 3 hour nap. Yesterday she slept almost all day, and today she is a little more alert. I heard they sleep more when they go through a growth spurt. We are in a wonder week time when she is cognitively developing, so she is staring at things longer, and making more baby noises, and yes she does smile more, sometimes at us and sometimes at the wall. When she does smile, she looks exactly like Jonas in one of his baby pictures!
I have been trying to keep very busy with her and surprisingly I have been very busy. I have so many new and old Mommy friends and I get together with them almost daily, and I love sharing the experiences of being a new parent with them. I also attend a Mommy and Me class most Thursdays where I made 2 new friends, one of which we are going to push our babies around the Stanford dish tomorrow! I need to get this tire of fat around my midsection to dissappear somehow. I can fit into my old pants but I have a nice muffin top, yuck!
I can't believe it's March, and that we spring forward this weekend I believe? Time sure does fly! One of my best friends son is turning 1 year old next week! We will go to his birthday party although I think I forgot to RSVP...oh well his Mom should know we are coming! I will have to find a cute party outfit for Elsa, I mean Calvin could be her future husband! hahaha....
No comments:
Post a Comment