Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Skype

We finally set it up so we could talk to my husband's parents in Sweden with Elsa. So they chatted this weekend and I snapped this adorable picture!

at this point Elsa is 9 weeks old, and we are getting ready for some schedules and sleep training. I know it's a bit early but found this from noob mommy, she started schedules at 4 weeks! So we started bathing her every night to get her into the routine. We fed her last night at 12 midnight and she is still asleep it's 5:20am, and I could be asleep in my bed with my husband BUT at 3am like clockwork every night she gets a spell of bad gas!? I don't know how to alleviate this. All that helps is to literally hold the pacifier in her mouth to give her a slight distraction, luckily once it passes she goes right back to sleep. ...but I'm awake...grrrrrr....I also want her to start sleeping in her crib so I don't feel nervous leaving her in the swing when I am in my bed in the other room. Hopefully it will just take a few weeks of every nap and every night putting her in her crib if even for a few minutes so she starts to get used to it. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Here is another source for the E-A-S-Y method. We've been trying and having success with it before this growth spurt with Nathan and he was starting to do 5-6 hours straight sleep at nighttime, along with a tight swaddle including his arms.

    Good luck!
    http://www.lucieslist.com/the-postpartum-experience/

    It was relevant once you scroll down to "The Shift"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks burritos! I like her(lucie's) style! The way she writes is funny, my thing though is yes, my baby naps, but if I want to go out and do stuff I go when I want and the baby can sleep in her car seat. I don't understand the whole staying at home thing when the baby naps, at least not at this age, when she gets a little older yes....to each his own I guess

    ReplyDelete