Next baby I have, I have decided that the second we get home from the hospital the baby will take all naps(except in the car seat if we are out) and sleep at night in that darn crib from day 1. Blah blah blah you should have a co sleeper, blah blah blah keep the baby in your room...no, no no no...because now, baby girl is used to sleeping in the swing and in the bed with me.(maybe say spoiled) I want to start sleeping in my bed again, with my husband, it's been 10 weeks! (we have a queen sized bed in the babies room)
I have been trying to get her in the crib for her naps for the last few weeks, cause you gotta start somehow right? I put her down as she is groggily hanging out in my arms and her eyes pop wide open the second she hits the mattress! She spits her pacifier out and starts yelling at me. "Mom how can you put me in this prison?! and out of the warmth of your arms and and and.....wahhhhhhhh..oh wait what did you just turn on? oooh those things up there are moving in circles,...wow...." 10 minutes go by and I peek in and still wide awake. So let me ask, is a mobile supposed to keep the baby awake or help her fall asleep?? I don't know, yeah she is still a little young to sleep train but it can't hurt trying to get her in her crib right? Well anyhow, last night we had a good night of sleep, and this morning we woke up she ate and then played. I put her on her play mat and she sat there and kicked and swung her arms at the toys. I happened to be watching Good Morning America and eating my breakfast while she entertained herself and I think she was looking at the bright colors on the TV too. Anyhow, she had her poop and then she started getting sleepy and I said ok we're gonna put you in your crib gosh darnit! Eyes popped open no crying though, put pacifier in her mouth turned on mobile...let her hang out for a few minutes then she spit the pacifier out and screamed to let me know, so I came in turned the mobile off and put her pacifier back in her mouth and well people, she's now been asleep for about 40 minutes! YAY!
Of course that blanket she is so comfortably laying on is what she sleeps on in the bed with me and that's my sweater I wore all night. I wrapped it near her to she thinks I'm close. Darn she sure is cute!
A ha! She looks very comfy and cozy in there. Good job mama and good job pacifier! I wondered that about mobiles as well. You would think their more stimulating then anything else. We got one of these non musical, non rotating ones that just move with the fan. Not that I've tried putting him in the crib yet, but he sleeps in the bassinet in my rooms for all his naps and through the night (- the feeding wake ups). I hope to transition right to the crib once I get home as well. The grunting and sleep noises keep me up way to much.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is stimulating. Eye contact is stimulating. So when you want them to sleep don't look into their eyes! I realize that sentence sounds crazy but it's true. Even still at a year, I don't look Calvin in the eye when he needs to sleep. Do you have a white noise machine? We SWEAR by them.
ReplyDeletehad the white noise machine since day 1! It's on every nap and night...it puts me to sleep!
ReplyDelete