Things I learned from our brief visit to London
1. 12 million people live in this city, I had no idea. Thus, there were crowds EVERYWHERE, and I have always disliked crowds, concerts, standing in lines etc. and so does Jonas so when I got manhandled at Big Ben, Westminister and Buckingham palace by a bazillion tourists and locals all I wanted to do was run back to my hotel room and nap alone...
2. There is no speaking in the tube. Also don't take the tube at rush hour like we did to meet friends for dinner, there is no air circulation about 100 degrees in there! Not to mention lots of sweaty people rubbing up against you and breathing on you, germ frenzy!
3. The tube can close down it's lines on the weekend making it very inconvenient to get around, and making taxi's your best option. However the roads are so crazy every time we got in a cab I thought we were just driving in circles!
4. A "quid" is sland for a pound, like a buck is for a dollar...blondie didn't know this and had to ask the lady who checked us into our hotel. Jonas thought it was cute.
5. Crime is a problem. Yes we had an incident at the ATM, we got our account depleted but thankfully our in laws came to the rescue as did our bank, but it was another night we didn't sleep very well.
6. The streets in london are surprisingly very clean.
7. I wouldn's say that the women are very fashionable though but how can you be when it's cold and rainy one minute and hot and sunny the next.
8. The trip to London was fun because we got to visit with old friends and current friends and we all happened to be in the city the same weekend! That made it all worth while!
In summation, I probably wouln't go back unless we rented a car and drove outside of the city and stuck to small towns.
I loved London but went in March. It actually snowed the first day there. I loved it but that was because all the things that bothered you didn't happen to us. It was cool, no crowds or anything. We also rented a car and drove to Scotland and stopping in on little towns, castles and church's along the way was super fun :)
ReplyDelete