Sunday, June 26, 2011

End of trip...

Well our trip is coming to a close, today we left Yxlö where Jonas's grandparents live to tears and hugs and well honestly a bunch of words I don't understand. It is really tough to be around this language which I thought I was learning but once you get over here and hear how words get muffled together, oh forget it, it's going to take years for me to really get it! The weather has been that of a typical Swedish June, thunder and rain, a little sun for Midsommar luckily. We tried fishing every night but caught nothing this year! boo =(

Now we are back in Jonas's parents house in Fruängen Stockholm, doing laundry, napping, relaxing. I decided to check my emails and have been in a conversation with my Mom, and well Fifi is now in doggie heaven. I KNEW she and my Dad were planning on putting her down while Jonas and I were gone, and honestly it's ok. She was about 17, 100% deaf, 80% blind and on the verge of almost total bowel control loss. I had to get up and let her out the second I heard her wake up in the middle of the night otherwise she just goes in her bed or next to it. So, even though she was eating and still had energy for walks, the rest of her bodily functions just weren't there for her anymore. I loved that damned dog, annoying as she was, and unfriendly as she was, but she was my little tortilla chip! Don't ask, but she smelled like a bag of tortilla chips, lol....I shed a few tears here with Jonas this afternoon, but it's for the best. She was too high maintenance anymore and with the direction we are heading, there is only room for 1 baby to take care of.

Anyhow I'm starving and need to eat then we are taking a walk around the neighborhood since, SHOCK, it's not raining right now!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about Fifi...I will remember all the times she bit me fondly.

    ReplyDelete