As I sit on my bed, laptop on lap, 2 cats on my feet, I hear the wind in the trees and my nieghbors annoying high pitched bell she has hanging that makes a slight ting ting with every gust. One time when I knew she wasn't home I got my broom and with my long arms stuck it over the fence and unhooked it...that worked for about 3 weeks. I also hear my husband, Jonas, playing Wii out in the front room, aahhh Sundays! He is smoking ribs and artichokes again today as it was such a great dinner a few weeks back. It is a peaceful day, not the nicest of weather, so I don't feel guilty being inside, afterall I hiked yesterday morning and it was beautiful!
The last few months I have been working hard for the Young Scandinavians Club We had a really successful party last night and I snuck out at midnight after having only 1 glass of Sangria! Jonas didn't even come because he had to work yesterday as the SFMOMA has a new exhibit and with it different requirements for security. We also had a nice lunch yesterday with my good friend for her 30th birthday, her brother and their family and her parents. It was really nice, and fun to all be together. Did I mention how cute the kids are in her family!?
Anyhow, today I am gearing up for the YSC Yosemite camping trip for next weekend which is Memorial Day, already! Basically me and another girl on the Board are splitting all the duties. I am borrowing my dad's truck and driving up a bunch of supplies Friday morning. I went through Jonas and I's camping stuff too. It's been a while since we've camped. I bought us a new LED lantern and a flashlight, a cool backpack that has a cooler on the bottom section that fits up to 12 cans, so it will be good for day hikes at Yosemite or wherever, maybe I should bring it to Sweden?
But now I am just going to relax on my bed and study some Swedish! I am going to make some Swedish flashcards, so I can learn the vocabulary a bit more before our trip. I get the grammar part, and the pronounciation is coming along, but it's all about the vocab now. Language was my best subject in high school, all A's and a 4 on the AP. So I know how to learn and what I need to do, and that is writing down, flashcards, and listening to my CD when I'm driving. I'm not promising to be fluent in 2 weeks but hopefully it will be a little easier for me on this trip to Sweden vs the last one. Luckily for the Tegneruds, I'll be able to communicate with the Spaniards in Mallorca ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment