So I blindly signed up Elsa for this "co-op preschool" place called Little Hands. BIG MISTAKE. I should have cancelled our enrollment after the parent orientation when I realized that this was school for me, and more work for me, and more hours of MY time which I don't have. Elsa goes for 2 hours a week and basically it's a glorified playgroup. For me on the other hand, I have to basically babysit everyone else's kids bc Elsa never sticks to me she runs everywhere else, and I can't leave my area. What was I thinking! I have enough with a newborn and other charities I volunteer for. This school is a joke to me. The parents are all helicopter parents, and the kids 80% are clingy probably still breastfeeding, and a few of the moms don't shave their legs or armpits, ok NOT FOR ME. I admit it, it's all me. It's Sunday morning and I am already dreading it, that's not good. I don't like going on Monday mornings either. Mondays have always been a tough day for Elsa, she is tired from the weekend with Daddy and usually needs a longer earlier nap on Mondays. So the 2 classes we went to she is sitting in the corner sucking her fingers after snack at 10:30am, which means we've been there just over an hour. She's exhausted but no we can't leave, Mommy has to stay til class is over and do her responsibilities like clean up after other kids, and or stand in my "station" and babysit other kids. NO NO NO...I'm a little annoyed my neighbor who loves this place didn't tell me more. She just said it's so fun, Elsa will love it.
If I'm going to pay for Elsa to go to a playgroup you better believe it will be a normal preschool that I drop her off at and then get a 2 hour break.
Yeah there are other co-op's but you have a set amount of hours like, 2 a week and you can come when it works for you and that is having your child in 5 days a week for 8 hours. This one sounds a bit over-done...like a pre-school for attachment-parents.
ReplyDelete