Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Everything is Normal

After an exciting ultrasound appointment last week, this morning I had my routine Prenatal visit with Dr Kung and everything looks normal and my due date is confirmed at 2-2-12. However, now that I am past the half way point, we discussed what is going to happen in January. Starting at 36 weeks I will come in for an ultrasound every week. Initially she said she wanted to keep the baby in utero as long as possible, until 39 weeks, today she was saying she wanted to consult a perinatologist considering my previous mayomectomy, and that she is thinking the baby will come out more like 38 weeks. Anything earlier than that and then they will have to do an amnio to check and make sure the baby's lungs are developed enough. I am confident this team of doctors will know what is best, but now it is looking like Elsa's arrival might be between January 19th and the 26th.  Januray is a busy months for us, Jonas's Dad's birthday is January 7th, my brother is January 12th and our 2 year wedding anniversary is January 22nd!! Maybe we will have this little girl on our anniversary, that would be very special!

Other than that, I talked with my doctor about the fact that I'm tired all day long, completely normal. I also told her how my acidity is coming back in my stomach and that sometimes when I'm thirsty and drink lots of ice water(my favorite thing!) I burp the water back up, basically I'm spitting up like a baby. This too is NORMAL. The other thing is lately I've been getting more mild to moderate headaches and she advised me that Tylenol is ok and that I can take more than what I thought I could and it is still safe, so next time I need to take it at the onset of the headache and I can take more than the normal dose(probably because I weigh more than than average right now). Lastly my weight, I actually looked at the scale and since conception I've gained 8lbs, I guess that's not too bad. In fact my doctor said that the weight gain "looks good,"" but it also means, based on her recommendation, that I can only gain about 10 more pounds! I guess that means I need to stop with the sweet stuff! It's just so tough, this time of year all the goodies for fall, I love Pumkin everything!

What else is going on, we got a couple of new solid wood doors installed in the house yesterday, the fence was finished, I got a new carpet at Ikea for our living room since the old one had seen better days. I ordered the rest of the stroller gear, and carseat and they showed up yesterday however the carseat was not the color I ordered and the snap n go stroller was broken! So I have to take those big boxes down to UPS today and return them. I think I'm just going to go back to Buy Buy Baby where they had it all and buy those two things there, so I know what I'm getting and can make sure nothing is broken!

Ok that's it for now, this weekend we are off to South Lake Tahoe for a friends wedding, and lucky me I get to do the bride and bridal party hair and make up, so it will be even more fun! And the best part is, I tried on my Tory Burch dress I wanted to wear and it still fits, and since it's all black, I don't even look pregnant, you can only tell from the side view. Hopefully we will take a nice picture and I can post it here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment