Wednesday, November 17, 2010

London, Sweden, Mallorca?

So last summer when we flew to Sweden and Denmark I flew on a free ticket with my United miles and then we just bought Jonas a ticket on the same flight. I called in November for June and it wasn't a problem. This year BIG problem, apparently they have nothing June through August for a three week trip. Ok maybe it's time to complain or at least tell Chase I want the Sapphire rewards card NOT the United rewards Visa since we can't use our miles to fly to Scandinavia which is the WHOLE REASON TO HAVE UNITED!!

Uggh so, I started playing around on the travel sites and saw that it was $1800 to fly coach on Lufthansa through Munich or Frankfurt like we did last year on their nice Airbus plane! OMG that is expensive so then I thought what if we go in May? Yes the price dropped dramatically. I also saw that it would be the least expensive to fly through dreaded London Heathrow. This airport always has delays and is always loses your bag! I always try to avoid going that route. But then for fun I checked if we did a stop over for a few nights in London and then head on to Sweden, and the price was much lower and then flying home the same route, ARN to London on SAS and then Virgin Atlantic between SFO and London. I heard Virgin is a nice airplane and great service so I look forward to flying them.

The best news is one of our old friends is moving to London and she offered us a place to stay when we are there! I am so excited this is so great, because I am sure Jonas and I would have fun on our own but it's always fun to be with friends too! So that is the excitement around here for now, hoping we might go to Mallorca for a long weekend too with the in laws.

Jonas flies to LA tomorrow morning for a couple days of work and I got some more hours with Bobbi Brown so I will be working in San Francisco and then next week I will be in Reno with my Mom until Jonas flies up Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I guess it is officially the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment