Well can you believe it, Christmas has come and gone...thankfully. This year was crazy busy, and everyone got sick, it's just too much!...ok I admit it I LOVE having a full calendar. I do NOT love the expensive babysitting, but at least Jonas and I got to get out a bit more this year to enjoy the holidays. I am so so grateful for everything. This year has been just awesome. For the first time EVER in my life, I would be fine with no presents. I feel so rewarded already with an awesome husband, 2 beautiful and smart daughters, and new friendships that are blossoming daily and old friendships rekindled, and those of you, I've known almost 20, 10 years, wow! All is good. Happy all around. And I'm not super depressed at myself for eating what I wanted the last few weeks and taking full advantage of the goodies. Usually I get really mad, and the way I deal with it is to just continue to binge. No, not this time, it's ok to indulge. I know that I feel better when I eat healthy, exercise and get a decent amount of sleep so I just turned that switch back on! That is more important to me that eating that last piece of the custard Danish sitting on the counter right now. I just chased Elsa all over the house, and endorphins from running and getting my heart beat up, is fantastic, really.
So let's see Jonas did really good on Christmas this year. I hope he feels the same. I got him a harmonica to play when we go camping, and when plying with the girls. He started to play it and it freaked Elsa and the dog out, haha! Then Elsa was intimidated by her "Elsa" doll from The Merritts, that's kinda funny too. She is also a little hesitant about Mrs Potatohead. I think its a little freaky too though....We got a few gifts from abroad, much appreciated! Jonas's Grandmother knitted a Advent Calendar for us with little socks hanging from each day. I guess I made the mistake of putting the gold chocolate coin in them because Elsa would throw a tantrum every day when we told her "no you can only have 1."
Anyhow, we are having a crab feast at my brothers house for New Years Eve and like always will be fast asleep by the time midnight rolls around. New Years is just not really a night out we chose to do anymore, plus the dangers of being out so late. (God I sound old) Then I leave for Sweden the 22nd to visit with our friends who are expecting SO SO SOON!!! OMG I am so excited. I am bringing the loot to them and bringing back loot for us!
Enjoy these great pictures from Jonas's camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment