We visited some friends this weekend, who have twins, I can't even imagine. Anyhow my friend asked me if I was going to have a "Diaper Shower" for the next baby,and I immediately said oh no, not a fan of anything revolving or focused on me. I didn't have a bridal shower, a real baby shower with Elsa and I think having a baby shower for your second or third kids is not necessary and it's just, I don't know, lame. You should have everything you need, like the swing, and bouncer, stroller etc. and it's really just a cry for more attention. I'm weird I guess, I don't like all the attention on me at least with a baby it's "us" and I can have Jonas involved. But anyhow, I did some thinking and I know I need some things for this new baby, not big things, so maybe the idea of a "diaper shower" is kind of fun. So I went on Amazon and thought about the things I have in a list in my head and picked the items out and actually made a registry. It's so different this time around it's so not as exciting. I know what I want to use, which bottles, nipples and diapers. So I put it all down, I think I'm going to have 2 diapering stations so a second diaper genie is good, especially since Elsa won't be potty trained yet. So yeah, I think I have everything I need on that list then, and it amounts to around 10 things, lol, diapers, wipes, bottles, nipples, etc..boring. I think if I can push my Dr to deliver 37w6d or 38w which is August 19th or 20th, then maybe we can have a BBQ/Diaper Shower on my birthday the 17th of August, which is 3 days before and people can bring stuff "IF THEY WANT" but totally not necessary. I definitely do NOT need clothes either.
Ok so this week was busy, not too much to report. It's Monday and I'm tired, as usual, Elsa is finally going down for a nap so I can take one too. It's supposed to be 85 degrees today so I imagine we will be out playing in the water today, perhaps I'll even take Elsa to the water fountains at Stafford Park.
A week from today we will be flying to Maui, I can't wait, even just a 5 hour flight with no child sounds like fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment