So the good news is our stomachs have all returned to normal, Elsa though has seemed to pick up the head cold my Mom had so while she is in great spirits, eating a ton and literally running all over the house, her nose is full of snot! I try to show her how to blow her nose but I don't think she is there yet. I found out at music class last week that half the class was missing the week before, when we had the stomach bug, apparently they all had it too, so now we know where we got it.
I entitled this post "really" because today I got an email from the Scandinavian School about Fall 2013 enrollment for Elsa. We weren't really planning on preschool yet, but now since we have another one on the way and the school is so exclusive, that if we don't start now they might not have room for us next year. They only have 2 spots available for Tues/Thursdays which would be great honestly. Jonas works in the city and he can drive and pick Elsa up those 2 days. it would make it a little easier for me being at home with a newborn and a 20 month old. The school is moving towards 5 days a week only enrollment, so no more split weeks. That could be costly. I am investigating it, but preschools around here for just half days are $1200 a month or more, so 8-5pm 5 days a week could be A LOT more but these are the things we all have to deal with when living in the SF Area. No more Tory Burch for me ;( The Scandinavian School is the best option for us, basically because Elsa will be become fluent in Swedish and even get a little a Danish and Norwegian in there. What is not optimal is the location, the heart, and I mean the heart of SF like Twin Peaks, it's quite a drive for us. If Jonas didn't work in the city we would probably have to pass on the SS. We will see what happens but I just can't believe I'm forced to look at this now. If the SS for some reason does not work out gotta find a nanny share or an in home day care so I can get some me time back. I refuse to be this fat and outta shape a year from now! Thank God for yoga pants and Not Your Daughter Jeans! lol
Good thing it isn't a German school called SS or Schutzstaffel.
ReplyDelete