It has been a crazy madhouse over here the last few weeks. Besides having the mother in law here some of my Danish relatives decided to visit(long overdue) for their first time ever! Obviously they stayed at my parents house and my parents did most of the touring sightseeing stuff but we did have them over for dinner. Yes 2 days after Elsa's birthday dinner for 7 of us we then cooked for 9 of us. It makes me tired just thinking about it! But then, everybody got sick not from our food. Our guests had their colds from traveling and then each one of my parents got the cold, meanwhile Elsa picked up rotavirus or norovirus at either baby music class or our play group. I had her shots scheduled for today actually but will have to keep postponing due to illness. This virus really kicked our households ass! Luckily Jonas and I have the flu shots but this is not the flu, it's a stomach bug. I don't know how Jonas got away with nothing, but his Mom did not, so she was down for a few days and Elsa, poor thing, is just now getting back to normal, a complete week later. I had one day of feverishness and back and stomach aches, thank God for my heating pad and my MIL. It hit me later, so I was able to just sleep all day and she took care of Elsa. She has been so so helpful with Elsa these last few weeks and I think we are all a little sad she is gone. Birgitta you can please come back whenever you want!
When I think back 2 months ago when I was wondering what was I going to do with her during her 7 week visit, I had no idea how the timing of everything would have worked on in my favor! I'm 9 weeks 4/5 days pregnant today and absolutely exhausted! Yes, surprise, baby #2 is on his or her way! I found out 2 days after Christmas and was completely shocked. I took the test in the first place to confirm that I was not pregnant because I was feeling like my period was on its way so when it said pregnant I was like whhhaaaatttt?? I mean it took 11 months with Elsa and then after our miscarriage in early August I just thought it would take a few extra months. We didn't try in Sept or October and November I did not want to get pregnant because I wanted to celebrate Jonas 40th birthday with lots and lots of alcohol with our friends. So December rolls around and bam! it happened the first month we actually tried!? I used an OPK. I'm a day 17/18 ovulator, and I know exactly when this baby was conceived hence the knick name "wall baby." So here we are 7 weeks later and I keep thinking how am I going to do this??
This baby will be born around August 17th, sound familiar? That's my 35th birthday! What a gift. I'll of course have to have another c section. Not a problem, however I was just laying here thinking about it in detail. I remember how weird the medicine feels dripping down your back, and how when it took effect I got a flash of hot and then they swing your legs onto the table and your blood pressure drops and blaaahhh pukey pukey. It happens to everyone apparently because of your drop in blood pressure when they lay you down. I remember thinking in that exact moment "I am NEVER doing this again!" Ha! But it all passes so quickly, even the stitching up, all done in under an hour. Then there is your baby! The worst most painful part of the whole thing; the first poop. I have to remember to take probiotics a week leading up to the c-section, and stool softners like 3 a day! Then take my Smooth Move Tea to the Hospital. I finally went 3 days later and it hurts so bad because it passes by your c-section incision area! Oh well, this will be my 3rd experience like this because I had a surgery on my uterus in 2008 which was basically the same thing. It's all mental, seriously, be strong ladies and stop playing the pity me game and let's punish myself psychological crap most women seem to do and everything will be fine! Oh I also have to remember to bring my heating pad, putting that on your incision wound brings relief and quicker healing because more blood is drawn to the area.
So my belly, yeah let's discuss, I would say I look about 20 weeks pregnant. I never got back down to where I wanted to be after Elsa but part of me was like why bother, we just want to have another one. After this one, I have a plan. First I want a nanny for at least 2 but hoping for 3 mornings a week so I can work out. I also will immediately start either itrim this new diet and exercise program, from Sweden or Weight Watchers because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to to breast feed! I have NO desire to go through that again. I might try to see if the baby latches but if not, oh well, there will be NO pumping. Call me selfish, I don't give a crap, BF is not for everyone, I don't personally give into the breast is best hype and I will kick out any LC that dare enter my room after this baby is born. It is just really not for me, I have many theories and reasons, but in all honesty I was never sold on the idea and peer pressure more than anything is why I pumped for so long with Elsa. And that's the thing, I'm going to have Elsa to watch I can't sit on a pump every 3 hours?! For my sanity, and happiness, I am confident in my decision and already have less anxiety knowing the decision is made and nothing is really going to change it therefore I don't really plan on talking about it with anyone, at all. I'm not trying to put it down, I just can't reiterate it enough that it is not for me.
So there you have it folks, January was full of surprises, colds viruses, first trimester whoas, and lots of visitors! Speaking of visitors, our 3rd bedroom will remain a guest room until late July, if you want to come visit you have to plan it before then. I think we will have to put our queen bed in storage, because the room isn't big enough for pack n play or crib and everything else. Who knows maybe we'll move before this baby comes! haha..yeah right there is no inventory in this area right now and prices are ridiculous. Thank God we bought when we did! Ok so here are some pics of Baby # 2! The ultrasound from this morning is kind of weird looking, but you can clearly see the head and umbilical cord, and at the Dr office I could see it moving around waving it's arms, amazing! Jonas thinks girl. I think boy, we'll find out in mid April!



Amazing! That is so neat that the due date is your birthday though you'll probably have the c-section prior I'd expect. First instinct for a boy? hehe It will be exciting to find out if you really are meant to be a mommy to all girls or not.
ReplyDeleteOn another note, we never have Nathan the rotavirus shots but i thought those were 2, 4,6 month shots? Is there a booster at a year? Poor kid. What did you do for the dehydration?
Good luck and enjoy it! I'm having a double chocolate chip frap from starbucks as we speak ;)
EDD is actually 9/4, same as my gfriend from HS that we take our daughters to music class together! Yes I think boy but I was wrong last time so?? As for her shots rotavirus is an oral vaccine, and she had it, so I think what we all got is Norovirus, look it up on CDC website, nasty thing! Well good luck to you!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATINS!!! So excited for you. Elsa will be a cute big sister!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand what you mean about working out. I just had the conversation with my husband of how frustrating it is that I'm working so hard to maintain my pre-baby weight when I know that we'll be working on number 2 soon. ahhh... such is life!
Hope you're all feeling better!