Anyhow we have been so busy on our house. Jonas is the BEST husband, plumber, roofer, insulator, driller, hanger of things, mover of furniture, did I mention cook? As I write this he is busy under the house for the 3rd weekend in a row insulating our floors, but first he has had to take down all the old telephone and cable wires under there.
This past week we had our first heavy rain and surprise, another leak in our roof! So yesterday he was up there all day applying tar goop to all the seems, then we are going to paint the entire back area that leaks, with this white epoxy/rubber stuff that will hopefully get us a few more years out of our roof! He won't be able to do that until next weekend, so hopefully no more big rain storms this week.
On top of all this we moved our bedroom from the funky middle room (which is huge) to the back room that was Jonas's office but attached to our bathroom. We have been making room for Jonas's Mother to visit us and by moving the bedrooms around we are also in essence making room for our next baby. Elsa will sleep in the middle room while Jonas mom sleeps in Elsa's room. I spent yesterday repainting, unhanging, moving furniture, doing laundry, mopping, vacuuming, organizing, refolding.. I mean OMG my body was in pain last night and I went to bed after the Giants game. BUT I love our cozy new room! The other thing we did was destroy our horrible cheap China made wood bed frame that always always squeaked no matter how much Jonas fiddled with it. Instead I bought this on Amazon and it's AWESOME, not one squeak!!! I can also put plastic storage bins under it more easily. Our back room window also happens to look out to our beautiful big oak tree and the neighbors trees so we are not staring at the stark white neighbors windows. Here are a few pictures
So, we've been extremely busy. As I take a moment to think about our little family, it makes me really grateful for everything we have, even after all the losses this year. I look forward to all these house projects being done so we can enjoy the weekends as a family, maybe go wine tasting!? On another note, I decided to quit Bobbi Brown because I could only work Saturdays and thus miss out on family time, since the weekends are the only time we really get to spend together. I love make up, but don't love the stress of working events when I have to sell $X to some ungrateful woman just looking for me to bolster her ego. I love to do make up on friends and family but randoms, not so much. I will take the techniques I learned with me for the rest of my life and am excited to one day pass them down to Elsa! But right now it's all about this little family of mine, and enjoying every single moment of it. Moments like this when Elsa plays with Coco.
Or moments like this when I decide to listen to some music while cooking Daddy dinner and Elsa decides to do a little dance!
It's really hard to admit to other women that I'm a stay at home mom, because this area is so expensive that most parents both need to work, or are more career oriented than me and just want to work. I like working but I always knew I'd stay home with my kids until they were in school. I'm so sick of feeling guilty that my husband and our investments allow me to be home with our child. I can't imagine missing all these special things Elsa does, and in the last month or so there has been something new every day! Sometimes it gets redundant and the days have no differentiation but that would be my fault because there are so many mommy groups, and baby music classes and meet ups to get out and do something that if a SAHM complains of being bored she is not proactive enough. I can find plenty to do.
So sometimes I think ok, puppy and baby that's enough for now! Could I handle another baby and everything else? I still volunteer for YSC and I am now the treasurer for another non profit that my Mother's been involved with for EVER. It is a group that raises money for an Autistic School in Palo Alto. But I digress, thoughts on another baby, of course we want one, but not sure I want to get pregnant again, kind of want to enjoy the holidays especially since I am finally feeling like myself again, not to mention wearing all my awesome non maternity winter clothes =) Yes I can be that selfish. haha...but everyone around me seems to be pregnant with their next or trying and it makes me wonder if I want to get pregnant because everybody else is doing it, or because my Mom keeps asking me if I'm pregnant again, (annoying). It's like 2 years ago when we first started trying it seemed like EVERYBODY got pregnant but me and they all had boys. This time I know 2 out of the 5 that are pregnant are having boys again which lead me to this conversation with my hairdresser. "You know they say if you have a boy first you are more likely to have another boy." and then I said "it's weird you say that because I was just thinking that." I have no idea of this is true, but I have this little belief that some women are meant to be Moms to boys and not girls and some of us are meant to have daughters and not sons. I would be so happy to have all daughters and raise them with the self confidence I didn't have. It's tough, with the airbrushing and media, for women and in some weird full circle type of thing I think that is my life's challenge, not only to work on mine daily, but to help give it to others with make up or clothing advice.etc...So my I know my friend Andrea is having another boy, Mandy is having another boy, Marlene in DK I think she will have another girl, Betcy Blogger friend I think you're having another boy, and this other person, I think she will have another girl. I think I will have another girl too, because Axel is too cool of a name for us to ever get to use it!
I love pics with the babies and their pets. So sweet to see Coco patiently accepting Elsa's "petting" hehe Maybe its different with boys - Nathan is way rougher with Tank.
ReplyDeleteYou are actually the first person to say you think I might be having a boy. Everyone and their mom claim I look different this pregnancy aka wider, fatter, and it'll be a girl, but if I could have waited until after the holidays, after a few more months of being in my normal clothes, looking normal, feeling normal (normal? what is that again??) I'd totally do it. Enjoy the holidays and have loads of spiced rum eggnog. mhmmm
We drink glögg a Swedish spiced wine like mulled wine...anyhow, can't wait to find out though, my due date was 2/2/12 maybe this one will make its appearance sooner!?
ReplyDelete