First of all wow! It's July 1st already, and I've got an almost 6 month old with 3 teeth, 2 on the way, almost- crawling, babbling, giggling, big smiles, super social baby girl that makes my heart melt with love and adoration! However in the never ending quest for a whole night of sleep has yet to become a reality over here. She has slept one night from 7-5:30am and now it's bed by 6:30-7pm up between 12-1am then up again at 4-5am and she chugs a 6oz bottle at both wakings. I am guessing it's because she is teething and perhaps going through yet another growth spurt!?? Feedback would be great here, and I know things are always changing but do I need to sleep train again to get her to go down to only one bottle a night or should I just wait it out?
Another change is that She whines and whines and WHINES every time I put her down for a nap or bed!? It is taking her much longer now sometimes up to 20 minutes to finally settle into a sleeping position. Is this due to the fact that she might start crawling soon? Because she is starting to sit up? Teething pain? I took these pictures tonight to display her ability to move all over her crib! It's cute though she has very strong legs that's for sure!
 |
| pic 1- she is on the move |
 |
| Pic 2- She loves her stomach |
 |
| Pic 3- rolled over to her sun bathing position |
 |
| Pic 4- back to the Face Plant position |
 |
| 5- Why we have a breathable bumper, |
***UPDATE IN THE MORNING***
I love getting her up in the morning. Last night she actually went back to her old sleep routine only waking once at 2am, yay! But here she is on the complete other end of crib. Then when she hears my voice she starts kicking with excitement and then I get the big sleepy grin!
.JPG) |
| I get her up because I hear her talking to herself |
.JPG) |
| Then she hears me and starts to kick and lift her head and look around! |
.JPG) |
| and then I get the big morning smile (heart melting) |
I can't say whether you need to sleep train or not, but I would not be a fan of waking up twice at night for feedings at this age. I would probably try to wean her off the 1am feeding. Is she taking 6oz a feedings a lot during the day too? Would she eat more then that right before bed? Sometimes Nathan can take almost 8-10oz in the 2 hour period before his bedtime.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe your lo is almost 6months.
ps I love the sunbathing position pic. How funny that even that young they like their hands behind their head.