Ok so I realized I haven't done a real post in a while, funny how time kind of just flies bye these days. So Elsa is just growing mentally physically vocally! I can't even remember how she was when Jonas left 22 days ago, I'm sure when he gets home tomorrow he is going to be blown away by her! He has missed her so much, but he is also dealing with the aftermath of emotions since his Dad passed so it should be interesting, but at least he can hug and kiss his little baby girl to get a smile on his face.
So while he has been gone I have been working on the back room, our sort of office, I painted it and developed a ton of pictures and bought a mish mash of silver and white frames that really pop off the blue/gray walls, it's so much nicer than the boring color it was before and it didn't cost much to do the small things I did. I also just kind of rearranged some furniture yeah...so without giving too much away, I am looking forward to the "big reveal" for Jonas. Once he gets home I'll post some pictures.
The other thing I've been working on is Elsa and her sleep! All the small steps I've taken since she was 10 weeks old are paying off! (and the books say you can't start sleep training til 4months BULL SH*T) First it was starting a bed time routine, then it was getting her to sleep in her crib, not in bed with me or the swing. Then it was getting rid of the sucking to sleep association. That means setting her in her crib still awake without the bottle or a pacifier, although she hasn't been interested in a pacifier for some time now, thank goodness! I don't want to have to fight her to get her pacifier out of her mouth in 2 years. Also she started getting her teeth, so bottles can increase cavities in toddlers if they go right to sleep after eating. But anyhow the cry it out method/whine it out I call it because she never really cried really, was when I would set her in her crib after she finished her bottle and leave her for the night. She had to learn to fall asleep without the bottle, and I can say that I have accomplished that! Now, she goes to bed without a fuss(usually) and sleeps up to 7 hours now before waking for feeding. But then she wakes 3 hours after that which she really shouldn't so I'm going to have to break that habit and that again is just letting her lay in her crib and whine til she falls back to sleep. It takes 2-3 nights of this and she gets the idea. So I've been getting more sleep, which is good. The problem is getting this child to nap! She really fights naps at home, she'll snooze in the car or in the stroller but she really needs to get a good nap in during the day to sleep well at night. So that is the current challenge...
Ok hope everyone is well!
She is so adorable in the jumperoo! I got Nathan a johny jumper deal but he just doesn't get it yet + a bit floppy.
ReplyDelete