Thursday, February 23, 2012

Update...

So it's been another week, they go by so fast! Some nights we sleep well and some we don't and it's just part of the first 100 days, which a friend of mine told me she calls " hell" and she is a very Christian girl, about to have her 5th baby. She stopped by yesterday and we talked about the GAS problems Elsa has, because her first son had it really bad too. She showed me the best way to burb, suggested I drink Tummy Tea, which I know works because I saw it work with her kids, and that driving at 3am with your kid in the car is sometimes the only way to get them to settle down and go to sleep, which I told her I did the other night. She also suggested mylicon drops, which I started using consistently in the last 18 hours, she still has gas but it doesn't seem to be quite as bad or last as long. I guess my feeling is that these things need to 100% solve the issue, but I don't think that is realistic.

Another Mother friend of mine I met at the Mommy and Me class I've been attending at Day One in Palo Alto, texted me, "can you believe how much stuff we have to keep buying!?" My response, it's because we are so desperate to sleep that we will try anything to get our baby to sleep! I think I will sell sugar water with a dropper bottle and label it "Sleep all night tonic, calms colic", and become a millionaire! Today at the class, Elsa had a huge blow out, and poop went up the front and out of her diaper into her shirt, gross. Luckily I had an extra outfit. So while I was cleaning her off and changing her diaper, I put her naked little body on the scale, and guess what, she is now 10.2 lbs! And that is after excreting everything in her bowels!

Anyhow, it's beautiful weather and with that comes long walks with our awesome bumbleride stroller. One day we go through the hills for a good workout and the next we go down to Chipotle for lunch and through downtown. The days go by fast and I am really looking forward to getting through "the first 100 days of hell," and by that time, Jonas parents will be here yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment