Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Countdown Not for New Years

but to meeting our Little Lady!

This afternoon I had my 2nd to last appointment before the BIG day. I have to confess my appointments are a little boring. Hands down, the most exciting and most anticipated appointment for any pregnant couple is the finding-out-the-sex-of-the-baby ultrasound appointment. But since then, my appointments go something like this: pee in a cup, then get weighed and have my blood pressure checked.  Then I go into the room and when Dr Kung comes in we listen to the heartbeat and she measures my bump and then we have a little chat. I never really have any issues or complaints to talk about. I also have so few questions. I guess I feel between the books I have, and my amazing friends (Amanda and Andrea) who have so much experience to pull from, that I just kind of blank when it comes to talking to my Doctor about anything, but again, I haven't had any complications. I feel very lucky.

Also, my weight gain has been unbelievable, I mean I'm not even trying to watch what I eat and at 35 weeks I've gained 24lbs and I only have a little more than 2 weeks before she is born, so I don't think I'll blow up by then. I drink so much water, and don't really have an appetite after lunch. I think it's because my digestion is so slow that I'm still full from lunch and dinner just doesn't sound good. I try to eat a little bit but that's about it. I also try to take a walk after dinner and before bed every day, to digest and get some fresh air all to help me sleep better. I haven't really had acid indigestion more than a handful of times either. Biggest complaint is that I drink so much water that I wake up to pee many times at night and it's getting harder and harder to flip side to side, takes a lot of effort and I can't sleep on my back.

Well anyhow, enough about me, today was a productive day, our Christmas present from my Dad is finishing up our little side yard, with rocks along the side of the house and pipes for the sump pump, I think it will be done in another day or so, then we won't have a clay/muddy mess on the side of the house once it starts raining. Actually speaking of rain, we have had NONE, it is dry dry dry! No snow in Tahoe either, except the man made stuff, so now I don't feel so bad that I might not ski at all this year. I also decided to hire a cleaning service since it's getting tough to drag the vacuum around and bend over in general, so they came today and the house is so clean....let's see how long it will stay this way..(rolling my eyes). I think I'm going to have them come either every 2 or 3 weeks.

Yes I guess I'm nesting a bit but I'm constantly cleaning stuff out and reorganizing around the house so that's nothing new. Today I started stocking up on some of my personal items and household items but then I decided I will have Jonas or my Mom to run down the street to the store, so I'm just going to relax the next few weeks before Elsa get's here. My final "pre-op" appointment is on the 6th. Jonas and I are going to take a tour of labor and deliver on the 4th, and a newborn care class on the 7th and then on the 17th she will be here! My Dr told me today that she is going to want to do the c-section early like at 7:30am, which is fine with me!

Anyhow, Jonas and I have absolutely no plans for New Years Eve and that is fine with me! << Ok my Mom just called me as I was typing this sentence to invite Jonas and I over for New Years Eve dinner! How funny!>> I accepted, so I guess that's what we will do and I promise, we will both be in bed as the rest of the West Coast rings in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment