Thursday, December 15, 2011

33 Weeks and too tired to shop for Christmas

Well, an update....let's see, tired tired tired. Jonas has had a head cold, I haven't gotten sick but feel like somebody drugged me because I have to take multiple naps through the day and sleeping at night is just tough! I wake up every hour or so, and I have to roll over because my hips hurt, and my shoulders. Then our cats decide to wake up at 5am and start playing, chasing, making tons of noise so at that point I just get up. I tried to do some Christmas shopping yesteday and that lasted a whole hour before I was too tired and just came home and took a nap and then I baked sugar cookies, yum!

We got all the paperwork in the mail for the c section, January 17th it's getting so close! We also got the package in the mail for the stem cell blood banking we are going to do for Elsa. This way we have a stem cell match for her and any other kids we have if they ever get one of these diseases that are treatable with stem cells.

Otherwise, not much else is going on. I know Christmas is next week and it is SO hard to shop for my parents, plus we have no money right now after hosting our Christmas party/baby shower, our water bill, our mortgage and well I went ahead and bought the matching dryer to our washing machine, because it was on sale for Black Friday. Our old dryer smelled like something was on fire every time we used it, so I just went ahead and ordered the new one because I want all my ducks in a row for when the baby gets here.  I didn't want to risk a fire or break down in the middle of doing poopy baby laundry!

So, that's why I'm on the fence about spending another $600 or so getting some little things fixed on the car even though it would be the last duck in the row. You see, the hazard lights switch doesn't work, the window button got pushed down into the door in the back seat and there is a loose chip in the passenger side seat belt that may or may not set off the airbags in the event of an accident. That alone is $315 to fix...it's like NON STOP MAJOR EXPENSES!! WHEN WILL IT STOP....never, unfortunately, that's just life, it's always something.

We are getting/have gotten some things fixed around the house by my parents "for Christmas" so I can't complain. I am so thankful for them. Spencer, my brother, just closed on his new house and they are helping him out in some very nice ways as well. There is just so much going on in the Arton Family these days! Which brings me back to the major dilemna at hand, what to get them for Christmas, on a budget, when they can buy themselves anything they want. It's not like we have a baby yet to frame a picture of and give to them. I have no energy to shop, so now I completely understand why online shopping is so much more popular! I love Amazon, it's my new favorite website. Ok it's time for my morning nap....

No comments:

Post a Comment