First we have 2 large oak trees that shed leaves like crazy this time of year. There are a few black squirrels that live in them. Now combine this with the fact that we have a very messy black walnut tree in our front yard which has black sticky balls hanging off of it all over the place right now. If the squirrels aren't sitting on the wall or the table in our yard eating them and leaving the mess behind they are burrying them!
Every morning I get up and find little holes everywhere in the yard, and most disturbingly, in my pots that I have planted bulbs in! Makes me so mad! It's a mess and in some of them I can't find my bulbs!
Right now I just finished planting the 100 pack of red tulip bulbs, hyacinth's and a few bearded iris in the front planter box. Here is the before picture, in March/April we will have a colorful after picture!
Very barren, but it will be so bright come March! Please note in this picture the wall, we are looking at adding a 2ft redwood lattice on top of it so that our morning glory and potato vines can grow through it, thus giving us a little more green, privacy and hopefully noise control! And here is a cute picture of my cat Tiger squaring off with one of the black squirrels in the side yard.
Don't let him fool you, he is the cuddliest, mama's boy cat you've ever met! He snuggles on my lap when I watch tv these days! I think he's just trying to show off!


I try again :-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful & thankyou Jen for all your work and efforts letting your family into your daily life!
So nice sharing!
This Sunday we're celebrating Astrid's 14th birthday in Helsingør!She has a special wish for a gift:a book 'holder', that enables you to eat and read in a book at the same time!!!Is such a thing available in the US??:-)
Love, Mie
Mie do you mean the Kindle it's like an Ipad..
ReplyDelete