Monday, October 11, 2010

Quick Weekend

This past weekend went by really fast. Friday I cleaned out a closet and worked with a client on how to mix and match the approved items she already owns. Friday night I fell asleep early because Saturday I worked in the downtown San Francisco Nordstrom all day for a make up trend show. So not only were a bunch of us artists there from Bobbi Brown but every make up counter, there were hair people there trying to sell the flat irons, facial people, and tons of people.

Sadly we weren't that busy, and I had been warned that the city stores are mainly tourists and people just passing through. I only did 5 people's make up all day. One girl was great though, I pulled her off the floor she was just walking by with her friend, she had terribly dry skin, and I recommened all our EXTRA moisturizing line, she was really happy. She bought some of it and will give it a try, and I hope she comes back for our Bobbi Brown book signing on November 5th although I'm realizing this is a Friday and not sure a lot of people will be able to make it. Oh well. Next weekend I'm at Bloomingdales in Stanford Mall, and have 3 of my personal shopping clients coming in so that will be fun!

Saturday night we went to my friend's birthday party where her and her fiance reavealed the sex of their baby, a boy. It was fun, but again so wiped out after working all day on my feet that we came home early and crashed! So I have 2 friends both named Amanda Jean, that are due with boys 1 week apart, end of February/early March. Exciting times for them, I just thought I'd be pregnant now too...oh well, having fun trying!

Jonas is in Seattle for work for a few days. The good news on his end is somebody bought one of his photos of the Golden Gate Bridge on www.nuzart.com for 150 Euros! He only gets 10% of that but it's exciting nevertheless!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome about Jonas' picture!
    I wish I could have made it to SF this past weekend but that is the craziest weekend for traffic. Hopefully the next one!

    ReplyDelete