So we had our last hurrah weekend before our family expands in a dramatic way. We were at a party for our neighbors 40th, which was great. It was in the early afternoon, there were tons of kids there Elsa's age and some really nice people. Our neighbors Lindsay and Ian, are the nicest people, Dalmatian people, locals She grew up in the South Bay, was an athlete, played water polo, and studied aviation, like Jonas. It's crazy how much we have in common besides the daughters close in age and Dalmatian thing. But I had a feeling she might be pregnant, and ding ding, do I win a prize? They announced at the party, due date 2/28! I'm so excited for them. When we weren't at the party Jonas fixed our double stroller I bought off Craigslist like a year ago, got the tires all ready, and the infant car seat thing ready. I have been washing all the stuff we will use first off like changing covers, pack n play sheets, burp/spit up clothes and the newborn onsies....although, I have a sneaking suspicion Astrid is bigger than Elsa and maybe won't fit newborn for more than a week or two, but I'll keep you posted.
Sunday we went to a housewarming/baby shower for some friends I haven't seen in forever! She is due 3 days after me, but of course, since it's her first and no uterine complications she gets to play the guessing game on when their son will get here. It was nice to see so many people I haven't seen in a long time. It's just amazing how time flies, but it's also the group of people we hung out with all the time in 2006/2007 ish when we were all single and partying it up Clearlake style. Now most of us if not all are having our 2nd kids, and that just puts us in a totally different place in life. We get involved in our communities plus some people live so far all over the place it's just not convenient to maintain such close friendships, cordial and friendly but my BFF's know who they are =)
So then we stopped at my parents house for a swim and a nice steak dinner. I am trying to eat beef everyday, and take iron, because I got slightly anemic after the c section with Elsa. It also gives me more energy for sure! I mean Elsa's been napping now for a good 2 hours and I can't sleep, maybe I'm just excited/anxious/ready to go with this whole baby thing, or the fact that I actually slept pretty good last night even though it was in small doses. Sooooooooo let's see I'm totally prepared in the house, been nesting/cleaning as much as possible. When Elsa wakes up we are going to give coco a bath! Spencer took her yesterday since we were out of the house and she was swimming in some pond with other dogs, yuck. She came home covered in soot or something from Spencer's deck too.
The last hurdle before Friday is this pile of stuff I've been accumulating on the floor next to my bed.
It's my hospital bag...I don't know why I'm procrastinating on it, probably because we live 5 minutes from the hospital and if I want something I forgot I can have Jonas get it but it's maybe the reality of another baby and a surgery and recovery etc.. I'm maybe trying to put it off til the night before? Hmm who knows. As Jonas liked to point out it was our last weekend as a family of 3, next weekend we have our little girl in our arms and the fun of getting to know her starts all over again!
Look at these 2 pictures, amazing how much Elsa and Jonas look alike!



No comments:
Post a Comment