Rewind.... Maui, Hawaii, a place I've gone and now gone 3 times with Jonas and never had a bad time. It's impossible. People are so friendly, weather is always perfect, and it's Hawaii! I think we decided we have to go every year, for our sanity. It's the only place we can go and really relax. We love you Sweden, but it's hard traveling with a baby on that long flight with the huge time change, very different foods, and face it, staying with family is not a vacation. It's probably more stressful. I know I can't stay with my family in one house for more that about 2 nights before I feel like I'm 10 years old and have to get outta there! So one day hopefully next Spring we will go again and take our girls.
First Monday home I took Coco to get spayed, finally, no more messes! But man this dog is driving me nuts. She is amazing with Elsa and our neighbors kid, but whenever I leave her gated in the kitchen when I have to leave, she gets anything she can off our counters and eats it! Today a box of crayons( can't wait to see how that comes back. Out!) Monday it was an entire box of oatmeal packets, paper, food whatever she can find!
Otherwise all is well. My aunt and uncle from Denmark are visiting so we have a full weekend, Of hosting the family, going to my brothers and then they are taking us all out to dinner. Phew! My aunt and Mom stopped by today, my aunt keeps saying you aren't pregnant! Yes, 6 months now starting on my 7th, wow but you're so slim! Awesome neighbor friend said the same thing to me yesterday, you look so in shape! Today at music class, I love your hair, you look great! I'm sitting here thinking what in the heck is going on!? Well I have been lightening my hair with good ole faithful, Sun-In! I always think I look better with really blonde hair and and a tan, which I have from Maui. BUT, only gained 9lbs, and I really haven't popped yet, I'm tall, I can conceal this mid section pretty well still. Like I told this random couple we befriended at the pool in Hawaii, I'm in the " is she fat or pregnant" phase :) I'm also not lounging around, I'm picking up a 25lb toddler, running errands, going to meeting, and just very busy and I walk the dog almost every single night. So I'm not sedentary in anyway, but whatever, it's nice to hear these things when you know the scale is only going to continue to go up. I'm quitting my cheap gym and going to join the Y because they have child care and a pool!
Elsa is a water girl! She loves to be hosed down out in the yard, play in the kiddie pool, and the sink! She is also talking more and more, papa, Mama, Coco, gamma, boo boo for boobie, beebee for belly and well wee wee is self explanatory. Gah for go and shoe is the newest along with wow! She also enjoys taking her wipes and trying to help mommy clean her wee wee, the cabinet, her arm...whatever she can.
Next week we are going to Yosemite with the Scandinavian club. Jonas and I are in charge so I've been busy getting supplies together. Before we know it, it will be June! Baby girl is kicking up a storm, all the time! Do we have another little firecracker on our hands? I wouldn't be surprised! So here are a bunch of photos, last one is a recent conversation via text with Jonas, ;)
 |
| Out in Front of our hotel one evening. |
 |
| Elsa playing in my friends yard with a water sprinkler |
 |
| mmmmm ice cream sandwich |
 |
| best friends |
 |
| water baby! |
 |
| Calvin and Elsa |
 |
| our view every afternoon at the pool in Maui |
 |
| I want to go back now! |
No comments:
Post a Comment