We had a great weekend, lots of driving involved but it was worth every mile to see some of our closest friends. I wish we had more close friends nearby. The closest friends we had, is the 44 year old pregnant woman who is just a horribly rude and selfish person and has just taken advantage of me for so long that I finally woke up and just told her to get out of my life. Isn't it a shame that you can't rely on somebody for last minute babysitting situations, when they can totally rely on you and have taken advantage of your being able to accommodate them in a crunch? Yeah so, I see no need to be friends with her anymore.
Anyhow, so this morning was one of my routine prenatal checkups. Everything was fine and the "baby in my belly" I tell Elsa. It still has a heartbeat. Now, more importantly, the appointment has been scheduled for the ultrasound where we can find out if it's a boy or girl. We have to wait until April 17th. I'm thinking why not do the $58 find out the sex of your baby ultrasound places around here. I didn't do it last time, might be fun to try this time.
So my biggest complaint to my Dr was about my excruciating back pain this go around. She said being pregnant is a "full time job" just like being a stay at home Mom to a toddler, and that I'm lifting hundreds of time a day and my muscles are loosening and my body is working overtime. And you now what really bugs me, when Jonas comes home and I say I need to go lay on my heating pad, you get Elsa, he says "I've been working all day, when do I get a break?" Never, you're a Dad now and when you decide to make a baby you are "on" 100% of the time. It's tough work, exhausting, and sometimes mind numbingly dull. I can't tell you the most popular songs on the radio because we listen to is Mo' Music CD in the car so Elsa won't cry, thus all songs in my head are baby music class songs or baby signing time. If I happen to find a minute or two to myself while Elsa is napping I have a crazy dog up in my busines, this dog as sweet as she is, is really annoying sometimes. So my back pain, well not much I can do, maybe I'll find some prenatal Yoga class to start. But what I really want is a reliable babysitter/PT nanny that can come to our house and just watch and play with Elsa for like 4-5 hours a day 3 days a week. I'm putting my feelers out there to find somebody and hopefully it will work out, especially when this next baby comes.
Men never get it. I got that a lot when I was pregnant. The you should be able to handle it and more, I work to provide, women have been doing this for ages, blah, blah, blah. My husband came home and instead of taking the baby went outside to do yarkwork everyday for months. Made it even worse, since he could say he was actually doing something productive.
ReplyDeleteThe back pain sucks. Try to make sure you pick Elsa up with alternating arms. We tend to use one arm predominately and that can really screw up your back more. I know. Plenty of chiro visits now due to that. The other thing if you can swing it is request a daily 3 minutes backrub EVERYDAY from the hubby. It's 3 minutes, use an egg timer. It made a big difference in how I slept and felt the next day and it's a small enough thing they should agree to it, seeing as how you are pregnant and working 48-7 (2 kids and all). Good luck Jen! It's hard and of course worth it, but that doesn't make it any easier in the moment.