Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Preschool already!?

As Elsa's arrival get's closer and closer, I think more and more about her education, her/our heritage, and how my involvement in the Scandinavian community here in the San Francisco area has always been near and dear to my heart because I am proud of who I am. The Scandinavian School in SF, http://www.scandinavianschool.org/ is a highly recognized pillar of the Scandinavian Community, where children go for day care up until age 5, and it is run in the Scandinavian way with home cooked meals and language emersion. So even though it is expensive and it is in the city (a good 30 minute drive from us) I think that Jonas would be able to drop her off and pick her up at least 2 days a week. This would give Elsa more time to practice and use Swedish and maybe Danish, for us to meet other Scandinavian parents with children the same age as her and a wholesome Swedish childhood. I know it looks really undiverse but the reality is that is what it is like in Sweden. Anyhow I thought I would share this video the school made so you can see how nice it looks!

I also read over the application for admission, and they accept applications after your child is born. That sounds crazy, but I think I'm going to send hers in as soon as she is born! I am hoping that since the women who run the school know me through my involvement with the Young Scandinavaians Club and Lucia and know Jonas because he is involved in the SACC with is boss Nils, that they will have no choice but to accept lille Elsa! I am thinking when she is around 2 to put her in 2 or 3 days a week, because at that time I hope we have a newborn and it would be helpful for my sanity to have her in daycare....whoa, talk about forward planning! hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment